Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Main copywriter banana chaahati hoon!

Sometimes, just the right thing itself works its way out to you. Life is fascinating!

I had written yesterday about feeling pangs for the extreme poverty that so many people live in, and that compared to their misery, mine in a mechanical job would be much lesser, and so I ought to be thankful that at least I do have a job to do. Concepts like 'boring' or 'stimulating' jobs must seem to them only like nakhras of the elite.

Today, a friend sent me a link to a Rashmi Bansal article, and from there I went on to this article of hers. And, I couldn't help smiling that that 2005 article of hers had all the keywords of my posts yesterday- the contrast between poverty and people like me, the urge for creativity, advertising, the MBA from MICA route, the initial struggle in copywriting, the advice to start it direct.

And, another thing that has given me many smiles (grins!) this whole day is that I finally got the call from JWT. I am going to join them as a trainee copywriter from tomorrow! For the next 3 weeks, I am going to relive the Magboard passion! Well, hopefully! I am so excited!!!

1 comment:

- said...

Your blog is also very spiritual.. like mine...hehe, if that doens't qualify as boasting! but I'd love to know more bout ur experiences@ JWT.. waht you learnt from it.. you got what you were looking for? Atleast, you got the path.. great for the beginning!