Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I was not prepared for this!

It was so romantic- dreaming dreams of being a full-time writer and dedicating myself to art. Since November 2008, I had been absorbed by just one passion- the book.

It's finished now.

It's almost a month since it's been.

And...I don't know what to do now! I suddenly am free, out of job, doing nothing and can't handle the sense of purposelessness and being a wastrel that comes along with it.

I can now understand the wisdom of those writers who start their next project the very next moment after they finish the one in their hand. Because, that is the only way to feel like a writer.

I have two or three ideas in my mind but none of them have enthused me enough. And so...am just dawdling away my time...

2 comments:

sugar-free-pickles said...

Congrats Japinder. I have been reading ur blog and was following up with all the happenings. Now you have set a benchmark for many of ur friends. Really glad to see ur baby grow. Hope it gets better each day!

Jay said...

Writing this down actually roused me out of my drowsiness. I am not going to sit idly, doing nothing. I cannot let my dream fritter away!