Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Novel Awakes, the Blog Yawns

Today,

I took a leave from the office,
I finished 'The Golden Gate',
I started my novel.

It's a novel-in-verse.

My inspiration are 'The Golden Gate', and 'Heer'.
Two days before my Bday, I bought for myself 'Heer'. A book I had wanted to read since a long time now.

My role model is the absolute dedication with which Waris Shah wrote his 'Heer', and
Vikram Seth his 'A Suitable Boy.' (I was greatly inspired after watching Gurdas Maan's 'Waris Shah- Ishq Da Waris'. Waris Shah was such a 'darvesh', and he devoted his life to writing 'Heer'! And, I respect Gurdas Maan for the same reason)

I have a job to do. But I will write with full devotion. I know that. So, I will not be writing much on this blog now. The limited free time that I have will go to my novel.

This novel is 'The Big Experiment' of my 23rd year. By this time the next year, I would be knowing so much more about myself- about whether I am actually a writer, and so much more!

This is 'The Year Of Experimentation'.