Sunday, September 30, 2007

Grown Up!

Quoting a blog that made me smile in recognition. It could have been written by me!

"Yesterday in the changing room of Macys as I was trying on yet another skirt I did not need, I suddenly looked into the mirror and saw myself. And I thought – My God, who is this woman in the mirror? Who is she – with her fat thighs, and her plump face? Do I even know her?

I could not recognize who I had become.

And the more I looked the more I realized – my girlhood is past me now. No more will my parent’s friends ask me which year of college I am in. No more can I wait for the day when my baby fat will melt away. I cannot wait for the day when I will grow up, become famous and do all the things that I dreamt of. I cannot wait for that day because I am already in it. There is no more waiting for things to get better, for my body to get thinner or my dreams to come true.

It is in the here and now and I hardly knew it."

No comments: