Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nostalgia

Walking out of the campus
Of the company I work for
To the building I work in
(It's outside the campus)
I see the road shaded
With trees, and
The happy sunlight around.
It's a short walk,
a few minutes,
And, in those, I pass by
A college, much like mine,
I always think.
There,
Within those gates,
Would be folding,
Unfolding,
So many stories
Right now,
As I pass.
There,
Within those corridors
Would be walking
A girl like me
Dreaming, Bubbling
Enthusiastically.
The girl that I was.
Oh, the days that those were!
The grass glistening with dew drops,
Or slanting sunrays sometimes
Or a friendly face
Or an anecdote of long ago
Or a dear hummed tune
Or...
So many things,
So little,
So surreal
So ineffable
And yet, so real
Move me
On that road.
Walking on that short stretch
In between the two gates
I go back, to...