Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Magical Year in Magboard

In early 2005, full of the realization that it was the first Birthday of Magboard, and not quite knowing what to do about it, a girl wrote a poem. This poem.

February says Goodbye today
And a whole year gets tucked away
Snugly in my memories
To forever enchant and please

Etched in my mind is my first Magboard meeting
As 4 p.m. struck, my heart wildly beating
In the first few moments, I felt quite alone
Other than Anika, all faces were unkown
As the meeting rolled, my flutters began to cease
Everyone was so friendly and I was soon at ease
Shobhit sir asked me to write for Spektrum
Thus I became a part of the Magboard buzz ‘n’ hum

Taking that first day along, a whole year has now flown
Not me alone, but Magboard too has seen many a milestone
From Spektrum alone, our bouquet today has Spektrum, Quiet, Kyzen
That meant work strewn all around- here, there and beyond the horizon
We’ve braved the work avalanche with an adventurer’s zeal
We gave to Magboard with a smile our sleep, time and meal

For all these efforts, the return gift was really great and immense
Magboard has enhanced me with showers of Confidence
I befriended my Creativity, and learnt many a new skill
From listening to others’ ideas, to how to handle a bill
In Dec Holidays, I received perpetual Magboard mails
Whenever I checked my mail, there would be a few ‘Unread’ without fail
It was a novel experience, checking my mail thrice a day
And even after that Tornado went, this habit doesn’t go away!

Magboard got me friends out of juniors, ‘Ma’ams’ and ‘Sirs’
Knowing so many people gave my confidence a big surge
Thanks to Magboard UIET has become for me a home
Staying home on holidays really seems out of the norm
Meetings at 1, Meetings at 5, Meetings day in and out
As a group we discuss every idea, problem and doubt
Sometimes we make a fish market, but that is fun too
‘Coz despite the differences or debates, to the Team Spirit we stay true

11 out of 900 is a tiny figure to deem
And WE are those special 11 chosen for the team
Call us Eccentrics, freaks, crazy or the Madboard
Still we all love being a part of the Magboard
I’ll be proud of Magboard memories till I’m dead
A great year just went by, a GREATER lies ahead!


Thirty months later, she was to write a poem again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked this one this one too.
somehow when u combine poetry with a story, the particulsr style we were discussing last time on the phone, seems to come off as a honest and sincere effort and, thus, touches me in some way or the other.
either i giggle, or i smile, or i start thinking abt the particular subject u wrote upon. some thought process is always initiated.

keep on writing like this, i strongly reccommend that u use this style more often.

Jay said...

Hi Sam. I am particularly glad you liked this one, coz though it is one of the poems I've written with all my heart in it, I've felt that technically, it is very raw, that the rhymings are very naive and unfinished. It's one of my earliest poems written in rhyming schemes. Thanks for liking it.