Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hrithik Roshan

I am not star-struck as people usually are. But there are some actors whom I admire. Like Hrithik Roshan. I searched up on the net for him the day I watched 'Kkrish'. I had come back fascinated by the hard work that he was sure to have put in to give such a difficult performance. There was a beautiful rhythm in all his movements, as he performed the most improbable stunts, or the dance steps.

He is a self-made man. This is what he said in an interview about his first steps:


"Even as a kid I knew I would grow up to be an actor. But it wasn’t until the first year of college that I let my parents in on my plans. That’s when the protective concern of the parents took over. They were not OK with the idea of my becoming an actor. They knew how dad struggled - this is an unstable profession where your struggles are all your own. No matter who’s son you are and even if you are genuinely talented, luck plays a vital role in shaping the course of your career. It’s a very risky line and dad was really concerned for me. He advised me against joining this line. Then I considered going abroad for special effects training. But I abandoned the idea when I realised I was running away. Then I reasoned with dad that if I didn’t go through hard work and toil, how will I experience the kind of exhilaration and victory that he’s enjoying at the end of 20 years of struggle. I urged him to trust me. “I am your son, I won’t let you down,” I pleaded and he relented."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm....a self made man with a famous father....hmmmm

perhaps youd like to see what i had to say about the movie ;)

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-p0ttdSU8eqjDRNXfc1Ih.Df5A6RWy6o-?cq=1&p=172