Thursday, May 25, 2006

Heylo!!!!

Hi!

This is my second foray into the blogger's zone and just as impulsive and rash as the first one. i hope though that, unlike the last time, am able to stick longer to it this time.

Doing the usual first....the introduction.

I am a Biotechnology student from Panjab University, Chandigarh. These are the holidays after my semester exams, and its suddenly dawning on me that only one year of the security of the college life is left. After that, I'll be supposed to make a move from here...but to where??? This question is overawing me these days.
Well, I do have some ideas...

First and foremost, i want my career to be in a field that i m really passionate about, that comes naturally to me. Just imagine, such a job would be so much fun!!! But what job is it...i dunno!
Ummm.....it could be advertising...at least thats one word thats always sprung up in my mind whenever i've thought of alternatives for engineering. But....????

I've had this childhood dream of "discovering something someday"....and so i do know that i will do well in Biotech research as well....it does look quite creative and attractive to me....but the unimaginative and ratta-centric approach at college has really worn me out and i m not sure that i m willing to walk that dull road for a few more years, even if the manzil looks so exciting and inviting!

But then, there is this doubt that what if, after joining advertising or any such field, i start pining for Biotech...the time gap will make me redundant in this ever-dynamic field! but i can make a switch over from biotech to the creative side anytime i want....so what should i want to be after my B.E.?
Dunno!!!! [exasperated sigh!]

And then, there is the more pertinent, more immediate worry about "What should i be doing NOW?"

In just this year, or rather these few months that lie ahead, i m supposed to chart out my future path....and just what should it be?
An MBA in India or going abroad? Again, Dunno!

Well, the excitement of MBA is that CAT preparation involves all the things i love doing....learning new words, reading novels and all, GDs, interviews and all.....and if.....just imagine that! IF i get into a premier B-school, thats gonna be just WOW!!! I really want to give myself that stimulating environment! Man, just the thoughts are AWESOME! Well, i think i m gonna do MBA in Marketing. Am not too sure what it entails, but well, the thing is that its gonna give me the confidence to do my own thing. After an elite MBA degree, i'll really be in a position to experiment with myself, my aptitudes and interests, and select the best job. Even if thats of a mere copywriter or any such 'small' job, i think i'll go ahead and try it out coz at the back of my mind, i'll be having the confidence and the security of my MBA degree.
The other option is, of course, to go abroad. M not too keen on MS at the moment, and just today morning, in one of my hyper-excited moods (thats how the idea of this blog came :D), i was thinking of Vikram Seth. The famous writer and my role-model as far as writing is concerned. Well, Seth left his PhD in Economics at Stanford mid-way coz he "never had any passion for economics, not what I felt for writing poetry"...so like me! Well, i was thinking that i needn't think of only MS! There are so many interesting courses out there, that suit me, and that i can do! And well, the example that immediately sprang up in my mid was...."like English literature at Oxford". I know thats silly! But well, when i in one of my moods, i bake khyaali pulaos unabashedly!

So, thats basically the length and the width of my dilemmas. As for the depth, well, these are deep, deep, dark wells! I hope m able to emerge from them with a beaming grin!

1 comment:

maglomaniac said...

Hi,
Just felt as if was reading my own mind and that too so plain and clear.
Thanks and thanks again.

~Harsha's last blog-http://maglomaniacs-chaos.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-want-to-kill-my-daughter.html