Friday, September 08, 2006

The Noble Ideal

Ai aasman hain ishq tumse chand ne jab ye kahan
haathon ko dal kar jeb me aasman kuch has pada
mujhse se nahin , mere andhere se, roshan ho tum jiski wajaah.


While the moon says it is in love with the sky ...its only in love with itself, because the darkness of the sky gives the backdrop against which the moon appears brighter....in the triveni the last line is said by the sky to the moon.....Gulzar

While sifting the shers that I've saved on my comp, this one set me thinking. The imperfections in others reassure us, and so make them likeable to us. The real challenge lies in acknowledging the Perfection in someone, and be able to love them still. Because that would require a humbling of our own Ego.

This reminds me of another quote that I read recently...

True Friends are those who share your happiness with you. Almost everyone turns up when you are grieved.

No comments: